tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 13 07:23:25 1995

Re: Straight from MO

[email protected] writes:
\ ?  This is a new meaning of canon - I thought the rule (to our
\ consternation, perhaps) is that FILMED Trek, is Canon Trek - whether
\ we like it or not.  I know that, in other continuums where matters of
\ canon or non-canon are discussed, the ruling of canonicity doesn't
\ depend on MY approval.

The issue here is not canon Trek, but canon tlhIngan Hol . . . which is not
the same thing.  We may be forced to accept what we see on the screen as
tlhIngan Hol, no matter how badly butchered it is, but we are not limited to
that one source.  TKD is canon, even those parts of it that have never been
heard on screen, and anything else that comes from Okrand is also considered
canon.

--
Mark J. Reed
Email: [email protected] - Voice: +1 404 315 6296 x158 - Fax: +1 404 315 0293

Back to archive top level