tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 29 16:00:27 1995

Re: Translation request (clich'e)

At 12:51 29-11-95 -0800, you wrote:

>``Had this been a Klingon vessel, I would have killed you for asking such a
>question.''
>
>I seem to recall Worf's younger brother saying something to that effect (in
>English, and perhaps ending in ``for that suggestion'') in the TNG episode
>``Sins of the Fathers''.

That's "Sins of the Father", you mean?

Let's see. This should be a good practise for my Klingon...

tlhIngan Duj 'oHchugh Dujvam Dochvam chotlhobta'mo' SIbI' qaHoHbej.

(If this vessel was a Klingon vessel, I would centainly kill you immediately
because you asked my this.)

How about that? The most complicated Klingon sentence I ever wrote on this
list. Is it at least understandable? ;-)

Qapla'
peSHIr

          Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/245.1@Fido
      162:100/100.1@Agora, 74:3108/102.1@QuaZie, 27:2331/214.1@SigNet
     What was was, before was was was? Before was was was, was was is.

Back to archive top level