tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 29 16:00:22 1995

Re: qeylIS betleH

At 05:45 29-11-95 -0800, you wrote:

>That implies that almost *all* Klingons speak pidjin, though.  (I know,
>I know, "It should be remembered that even though the rules say 'always;
>and 'never,' when Klingon is actually spoken these rules are sometimes
>broken."  Sometimes I think that everyday Hol bears as much resemblence
>to the Hol of TKD as the ghetto English of the inner city resebles the
>Queen's English!)

That could be a good parallel, I suspect. Have you heard the tape Power
Klingon? It has some small examples of regional dialect on it (just to let
you hear the difference ;-)). I found this a nice part of the tape. It sort
of goes in this direction, so to speak.

Qapla'
peSHIr

          Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/245.1@Fido
      162:100/100.1@Agora, 74:3108/102.1@QuaZie, 27:2331/214.1@SigNet
     What was was, before was was was? Before was was was, was was is.

Back to archive top level