tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 27 11:02:21 1995

Re: qeylIS betleH

qaghItlhneS:

  My wife and I bought a early Christmas present... a new TV!  And it has
a CC decoder built in... I turned it on while watching "The Sword Of Kahless"...
I wish I didn't ;-)...

  I have to get this off my chest... "maj ram"?!?!  I can just see the process
of this: "We need the translation of 'good night'!  Hey, Joe, pick up that
dictionary and look it up."  "Okay, Frank (flip flip flip).  It says here
'good' is 'maj' [just above 'QaQ' BTW] and 'night' is 'ram'"  "Excellent,
Frank!  So, 'good night' is 'maj ram'!  How simple!"

  I am SO surprised that we've offered our services for FREE to Paramount and,
for TWO LOUSY SENTENCES, they can't pick up the phone and call.  It would have
taken about a minute for Lawrence to translate a good, short sentence...
AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

  My wife did make the point that Kor is different from most Klingons.  And
I could see that when he said "Pleased to meet you [toothy grin inserted
here]".  So, we might be able to say, "maj ram" is something only Kor would
say, but then we get into this horrible mess... Every time some bad Klingon
is spoken, we could say it's a dialect... AAAAAAAHHHHH!

  Okay.. pItlh...

-majIq

Back to archive top level