tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 27 06:45:52 1995

Two words from "The Chase"

I just saw ST:TNG "The Chase".  This is the episode in which humans,
Cardassians, Klingons, and Romulans are hunting for...well, that should be
enough to identify the episode for those who have seen it.

There are two Klingon words in it, but I can't identify them.  One is the
name of the Klingon ship.  It sounds like "lataaa", which might be actorish
dialect for "lata'", but either way I can't find anything in the dictionary
corresponding to it.  But maybe it's just a meaningless proper name.

The other word is a form of Klingon arm-wrestling.  It sounded to me like
"ba'Ha'qul".  Some parts of the utterance are in the dictionary (e.g. qul =
fire (n.)), but I can't find a coherent interpretation of the whole.  Is
this a new word?

___
\X/ Richard Kennaway, [email protected], http://www.sys.uea.ac.uk/~jrk/
    School of Information Systems, Univ. of East Anglia, Norwich

Back to archive top level