tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 21 11:27:36 1995

Re: jIlIH(')egh, etc.

On 21 Nov 95 at 7:25, Christian Matzke wrote:

<pe'>

>  That's the rub. Can they speak? Well, Hamlet's father does, but he
> was a lomqa'. The only cannon example is given as "May the spirit of
> Kahless live within you"; no mention of his spirit having a
> conversation with you...

OTOH, while TKD uses the "being capable of using language" formation,
I believe that in Conversational Klingon, Okrand says "sentient
beings"(or something quite close to that).  So I am not sure that
SPEAKING is the issue.

Garrett Michael Hayes
Client/Server Labs
8601 Dunwoody Place, Suite 332,  Atlanta, GA 30350
[email protected],  http://www.cslinc.com
770-552-3645 voice, 770-993-4667 fax

Back to archive top level