tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 21 11:24:29 1995

Re: jIlIH(')egh, etc.

On 21 Nov 95 at 6:29, Christian Matzke wrote:

> > Question from peHruS:
> >
> > I've seen before {lommey}, not {lomDu'}.  Should the body part suffix be
> > affixed to corpses?
>
> Similar question: what plural suffix should be used on qa' (spirit)?
> qa'pu' fits with the Klingon idea that the body is merely a shell,
> while the true person is the spirit.
> qa'Du' works since the spirit is part of the person.
> qa'mey seems as wrong IMO. Anyone else have a suggestion?

I would agree with >pu'<, IF we assume qa' to mean spirit as in
ghost, not spirit as in a feeling (like school spirit).  "Heart of
Glory" clearly established that >tlhInganpu'< held the idea of an
ACTIVE and CONCIOUS afterlife.

I did not find this word in a quick perusal of TKD.  Did I miss it,
or is it from another source?

Garrett Michael Hayes
Client/Server Labs
8601 Dunwoody Place, Suite 332,  Atlanta, GA 30350
[email protected],  http://www.cslinc.com
770-552-3645 voice, 770-993-4667 fax

Back to archive top level