tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 20 19:10:38 1995

Re: Calendar Ideas

Jarno Peschier wrote:
>And how long is a Klingon century anyway? In Reightful Heir the death of
>Kahless is stated as "15 centuries ago" and "1000 years ago" (if memory
>serves me right). This would imply a (Klingon) century of 66.666
>(Klingon?) years...
     Or perhaps it was Terran centuries versus Klingon years, which would
make a Klingon year one an a half Terran years long.  Not unreasonable if
the star is a little more massive than Sol.
     Yet again the Klingon version of a century might well be 81 years, a
power of three.

Jarno also wrote:
>4. Do you know any other Klingon names (from the StarTrek universe)? Then
>please tell me.
     I am participating in the Extended Corpus Project.  One of the things
done in that project is to assemble all Klingon names used in the novels.
There is no effort at the moment to assemble those names used in the
episodes.  I understand there may be an interim report soon.  I, or someone
who beats me to it, will be sure to post that information here when it happens.

     Paul

Back to archive top level