tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 19 12:41:43 1995

Re: Calendar Ideas

William H. Martin said:

>You presume that Qo'noS HAS seasons. If the axis isn't tilted,
>there would not be any.

     Actually, no, I don't assume that Qo'noS has seasons.  I merely noted
the absence of vocabulary items.  You're right about axis tilt, but would
that be the case for every planet in the Empire?  The words for seasons
would be eventually borrowed from one planet or another in the course of
conduct of the business of the Empire, I should think, adopted, of course,
from some planet whose axis IS tilted.  On the other hand, the question as
to whether Qo'noS has seasons is a valid one.  Has a season ever been
mentioned in an episode or movie?
    The immediate cause of my question was the haiku subject.  Japanese
haiku very frequently have references to the season of the year, although
the name of the season itself is not required.  Klingons would not
necessarily pay any attention to that, I suppose, but the one tlhIngan
haiku I wrote does have that reference.

     Paul

Back to archive top level