tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 19 05:27:34 1995

Re: Help

At 17:46 17-11-95 -0800, you wrote:

>> are these translations correct?
>>
>> 1) I want you to shoot and kill me
>> HIbach vIneH 'ej HIHoH
>
>Since you are merely making a statement of what you want them to do and
>are not specifically telling them what to do, you can use the normal
>prefixes instead of the imperative:  qabach vIneH 'ej qaHoH vIneH.

Doesn't this mean "I want to shoot you and (I want to) kill you" because of
the qa- prefix meaning I-you? Wouldn't you have to use the cho- prefix
(you-me) here to get the meaning "I want you to shoot me and (I want you to)
kill me"? (chobach vIneH 'ej choHoH vIneH)

peSHIr

          Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/245.1@Fido
      162:100/100.1@Agora, 74:3108/102.1@QuaZie, 27:2331/214.1@SigNet
     What was was, before was was was? Before was was was, was was is.

Back to archive top level