tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 17 08:35:31 1995

Re: Re[2]: Calendar Ideas

At 10:03 16-11-95 -0800, you wrote:

>> And how long is a Klingon century anyway? In Reightful Heir the death of
>> Kahless is stated as "15 centuries ago" and "1000 years ago" (if memory
>> serves me right). This would imply a (Klingon) century of 66.666 (Klingon?)
>> years...
>
>That guy who did the Nitpicker's Guides made a big deal
>out of this.

Well, I must confes I sort of found it in the NG (but I did found it myself
as well).

>I don't buy it. Early in the episode Worf says Kahless
>died 1,500 years ago. Then later Gowron (in the middle of an
>argument) says something like, "Kahless has been dead for a thousand
>years". He clearly wasn't trying to be accurate, he was simply making
>a stirring argument. It would have been a really clunky line if he
>had said 1,500 years. IMHO, we shouldn't read anything into
>this line.

You have a point there, but until we get a definite date  we can't be sure
of course.

>Maybe the CD-ROM will shed some light on this...

Let's hope so.

          Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/245.1@Fido
      162:100/100.1@Agora, 74:3108/102.1@QuaZie, 27:2331/214.1@SigNet
     What was was, before was was was? Before was was was, was was is.

Back to archive top level