tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 17 17:45:35 1995

Re: Help

On Thu, 16 Nov 1995, Clint S. Moore wrote:

> are these translations correct?
>
> 1) I want you to shoot and kill me
> HIbach vIneH 'ej HIHoH

Since you are merely making a statement of what you want them to do and
are not specifically telling them what to do, you can use the normal
prefixes instead of the imperative:  qabach vIneH 'ej qaHoH vIneH.
You could also say: qaHoHmeH qabach vIneH.

On the other hand, if you are specifically instructing them to kill you,
then the imperative would be appropriate:  HIbach 'ej HIHoH.

> 2) my enemy's torpedoes (as opposed to the torpedoes of other peoples enemies)
> jaghwI' cha

maj.

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level