tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 17 08:35:40 1995

Re: tlhIngan pongmey

At 10:32 16-11-95 -0800, you wrote:
>On 16 Nov 95 at 8:55, Jarno Peschier <[email protected]> wrote:
>,
>> 4. Do you know any other Klingon names (from the StarTrek universe)? Then
>> please tell me.
>Well, there are a bunch more, but not many have tlhIngan Hol
>equivalents from Okrand (for those that aren't from MO, I have set
>the transliterations off with **):

I've added all these (even the ones that aren't from MO).
qatlho'

>Now that I'm done commenting on what you didn't have, let
>me comment on what you did have. The list was a great start.

It was meant to be that. I knew it just couldn't be complete.

>First
>off, it always irked me that in TKD, the names and swears weren't listed with
>the rest of the words. I'm glad to hear your parser will rectify this.

Well, the swears are built into the program. But now all verbs, nouns and
names are read from a simple ascii file that you can extend at will with new
words.

>Second, your list is a handy guide to who's who on the list (and
>what name goes with what person). A great job so far.

It's even better now, partly thanks to you.

>(Hey, where's Krankor??)

How's that written in tlhIngan Hol? Qanqor?
Had who is he...? (she?)

>> De'wI'tej
>> (for now)

After reading some of the replies I got and thinking this name over, I've
decided to drop the {De'wI'tej} and simply keep my name {peSHIr}. That is,
if someone how still has those morphologies can tell me if this is "good
Klingon" (I think it is, but I'm not sure).

peSHIr

          Jarno Peschier, [email protected], 2:2802/245.1@Fido
      162:100/100.1@Agora, 74:3108/102.1@QuaZie, 27:2331/214.1@SigNet
     What was was, before was was was? Before was was was, was was is.

Back to archive top level