tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 15 13:59:06 1995

Re: Maltz's Blues

A couple comments on ~mark's comments:

According to Mark E. Shoulson:

> >I'm working on the Door Repair Guy prison episode, and I'm including a
> >blues song sung by Maltz...

> >qa'vam wIneHpu',
> >qa'vam wIneHpu'.
> >'a mutojta' jaghwI'
> >QumwI' lo'taDI'.
>
> we don't want Genesis (x2), but my enemy has deceived me (why the switch to
> "me" from "we"?), communicator [something].

Look again. "We had wanted Genesis, but my enemy fooled me when
he had accomplished using a communicator." Remember, this is
Maltz singing here...

One typo: You dropped a glottal stop on {-ta'}. That's why
~mark got confused on that one...

> I can't parse "lo'taDI'".  Do you mean "lo'ta'DI'"?  "after he has used the
> communicator"?  Maybe you meant "lo'DI'"--when he used a communicator, or
> "lo'taHvIS"--while using a communicator.

Oh. Either way. I still think it would be "when he had used"
and not "after he has used", though I can see the common sense
of time there.

charghwI'
--

 \___