tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 16 12:38:24 1995

Re: Maltz's Blues

>Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 14:04:12 -0800
>From: "William H. Martin" <[email protected]>

>A couple comments on ~mark's comments:

>According to Mark E. Shoulson:
>>
>> >I'm working on the Door Repair Guy prison episode, and I'm including a
>> >blues song sung by Maltz...

>> >qa'vam wIneHpu',
>> >qa'vam wIneHpu'.
>> >'a mutojta' jaghwI'
>> >QumwI' lo'taDI'.
>>
>> we don't want Genesis (x2), but my enemy has deceived me (why the switch to
>> "me" from "we"?), communicator [something].

>Look again. "We had wanted Genesis, but my enemy fooled me when
>he had accomplished using a communicator." Remember, this is
>Maltz singing here...

Duuuuh.  Forest and tree problem here.  I was reading the poem and
analyzing it, completely neglecting the fact that I had some familiarity
with the story it was trying to tell.  Like my dad always says: "Read the
questions."  I guess it applies to titles too.

~mark

Back to archive top level