tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 15 07:45:58 1995

README: GETTING OFF TLHINGAN-HOL (was: Re: TLHINGAN-HOL digest 296)

> STOP IT GOD DAMN IT.  I'VE ASKED YOU NINE THOUSAND TIMES TO UNSUBSCRIBE ME
> NOW WOULD YOU FUCKING DO IT BEFORE I DRIVE OUT TO FUCKING FLORIDA AND THROW
> YOUR SERVER INTO THE ATLANTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right, ladies and gentlemen, with a little practice, you too can be
a first-class jerk like Mr. Pherigo here.

I guess I'm writing this note mostly in self-defense, just to point out
to the list as a whole that I'm really not the horrible listmanager that
Mr. Pherigo (and various other people that can't read simple instructions)
make me out to be.

I'll give him one thing -- He did send a -single- email message to me,
yesterday, asking to be unsubscribed (actually, he sent the same message
twice within 30 seconds, but...)

So, lets get out a calculator...

Lemme see... This message is dated 6am. Okay! That means that this
particular person has given me almost exactly 14 hours to respond to
his request before blowing his top at me and the rest of the list. Can you
believe that? Why, the average person would have waited 1, maybe 2 hours.
I commend his patience.

Reminder: Folks, I do (indeed) have a real life! At the moment, I'm having
a pretty shit of a one, to boot. I'm busy enough that requests might take
as long as 24 or 48 (gasp!) hours to be answered! (Can you believe
that? I actually do something other than sit and monitor my mailbox,
waiting for list requests so I can jump right on them and provide
near-machine-speed turnaround?)

For all those still reading, here is (again) the unsubscribe instructions,
cut and pasted DIRECTLY from the mail that EVERY LAST PERSON got when they
subscribed to this list. Write it down, save it in your mailboxes,
tatoo it on your forehead ridges...

BTW, Mr. Pherigo, California is near the _Pacific_ ocean.

					-----

**** IMPORANT **** IMPORTANT **** IMPORTANT **** IMPORTANT **** IMPORTANT ****
Keep this message! Do not delete this message. This message will tell you
how to unsubscribe when the time comes you want to. Keep this message!
Messages sent to the public list asking to be unsubscribed will be IGNORED by
the listowner.
**** IMPORANT **** IMPORTANT **** IMPORTANT **** IMPORTANT **** IMPORTANT ****

                                      *****

Hello, and welcome to the tlhIngan-Hol mailing list!

The administration of this list is handled mostly by automated software.
You may obtain help on using the listserver software by sending email to
"[email protected]" with the word 'help' in the body. Any and all
administrative requests (That is, requests that are supposed to _do_
something, instead of being forwarded on to the mailing list) should be
sent to [email protected], with an empty subject and a body containing the
request. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOUR SUBJECT LINE REMAIN BLANK, or at least
have a subject that can't be confused with a request (i.e. don't put
"unsubscribe" in the subject of your message).

If you have any problems with communicating with the listserver, your
maintainer's email address is [email protected]. You are welcome and
encouraged to contact him with any questions or problems.

Some requests that might come in handy:

        subscribe tlhIngan-Hol YourNameHere     [subscribe to list]
        unsubscribe tlhIngan-Hol                [unsubscribe from list]
        help                                    [get help]
        set tlhIngan-Hol mail digest            [digest mode -- See below]
        set tlhIngan-Hol mail postpone          [Turn off mail w/o unsub]
        set tlhIngan-Hol mail ack               [Turn it back on]

Back to archive top level