tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 14 13:36:32 1995

Re: lessons 4 and 5

> On 13 Nov 95 at 11:22, c.j.atherton-cj <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > KLINGON SIGN LANGUAGE, LESSON 6: enraged female gnashing teeth and waving
> > many sharp objects has been found to translate almost exactly as
> > "GROVEL *NOW*".
> > vanya

> I seem to have missed lessons 4 and 5. Anybody want to compile a
> list?
>                               maSqa'

jIQeHtaHvIS *lessons 4 & 5* vIbachta'. ;)

Oh. Wow. Um, I have a question...? ... using a continuous aspect-marker
in "WHILE I was being angry", is it then okay to use a perfective marker
and say "I shot (completed action) lessons 4 and 5"? ... or do the two
have to agree? (if anyone thinks I'm asking too many questions to which
the answers are obvious to anyone who's read TKD properly, please say so
and I won't take offence :)

...from the example given in TKD, *SutlhtaHvIS chaH DIHIvpu'*, I'd say
that what I've written is okay, but I just wanted to check.

vanya. (anyone want to come up with a Bajoran smilie? ;)

Chris Atherton
[email protected]

"OOoooooeeeeeEEEE eeeeoo? Ooo oooee EE
eeoooo". - Tiny Clanger.