tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 11 03:54:09 1995

Re: jIlIH(')egh, etc.

> Thu, 9 Nov 1995, ghItlh vanya:
>
> > *Russian* Dajatlh'a'?  *Russian* vIghojchoH. tlhIngan Hol Qatlh law'
> > *Russian* Qatlh puS 'e' qaja'.
>
> (When you use verbs of speaking, like {ja'}, you omit the {'e'}.)

HIvqa' veqlargh... see what happens when I just skim thru' TKD to find
what I want :(

> *Russian* Hol vIjalthlaH. (Ya mozhno govoryu russkiy yazyk.)
> 'a qaQoch.  (No ya s vami ne soglasen.)
> *Russian* Hol Qalth law' tlhIngan Hol Qalth puS 'e' vIHarbej.
> (Ya naverno dumayu, shto russkiy yazyk trudnee chem klingonskiy yazyk.)

chaq bIlugh 'ach *former Czechoslovakia* Sung SoSwI' vaj jIH QaH ;)
(Vy mozhno byt' pravym, no mama cheshka, tak y menya preimushchestvo)

I have a feeling that saying / vaj jIH QaH/ may be bad use of klingon but
I couldn't think how else to say "thus, I am aided"... does "aided" here
count as an adjective? While my understanding of grammar is improving as
a result of studying both Klingon and Russian (not to mention esperanto),
this isn't something I regularly run into :(
(BTW, apologies to yoDtargh and anyone else following the Russian here,
as I've only been learning for a month so my grammar/word order may be a
little screwy)

> TKD has recently been translated in Portuguese and is published in Brazil.

Anyone fancy a stab at doing a Russian one? (limited market, I admit) ..
can anyone tell me how many members of the KLI, if any, we have in
Russia?

> > Holmey muHoHlI'! HItoD!
>
> jIyajbe'.  DuHoHlI' 'Iv?

Holmey! (I'm confused... does this not translate?)

> yoDtargh

vanya.

Chris Atherton
[email protected]