tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 10 05:00:11 1995

Re: Re[4]: ranks and titles (was Suppletion)

ghItlh yoDtargh:

>Therefore I think {ta'be'} would be appropriate to describe the female
>consort of an emperor, while {be'ta'} would be used if the sovereign
>were female.

I've been following this conversation with a little confusion.  Is <ta'be>
canon?  I don't know the source.  Without that knowledge, I would have
thought that the gender of the ruler would be immaterial.  The ruler would be
<ta'>, and his/her consort would be <be'nal> or <loDnal>.

jIlugh'a'?

SuStel
Hovjaj 95856.8

Back to archive top level