tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 09 09:23:29 1995

Re[7]: ranks and titles (was Suppletion)

On Wed, 8 Nov 1995 ghunchu'wI' wrote:

>Why must {puqbe'} be a type of child?

Well it doesn't.

>It's just as reasonable to think that it's a type of female.  Can't we think of
>{puqloD} as primarily a male?  It's just an "offspring" kind of male.

Yes, but it's still not consistent with other compound words.  It's saying
<child female> or <child male>.  Gives me visions of the Peter Pan syndrome.
But since we know very little of Klingon attitudes towards kids, I'll live with
it.

>(Maybe ~mark will *blink* again. :-)

And maybe M.O. will give us a totally different word for queen.  I'm not holding
my breath. {{;-)   >

r'Hul

Back to archive top level