tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 09 15:15:30 1995

My tlhingan Name

Following the thread here for the last day or so about choosing a
tlhingan name, I have settled on representation of meaning (ie:
translating what the name means).  My name translates as something
like "noble spear carrier"  (I don't know whether that as in the
acting profession or warrior trade <grin>), so I have tentatively
chosen the following as my tlhingan name:
    qengwI'nuH
translatable to English as "weapon carrier"

As a fairly raw beginner at tlhingan-Hol, I would like to invite some
comments or suggestions as to the following (and anything else
relevant which occurs to folks out there):

1)  I know that I have shoved two words together without the space.
Is that acceptible in a NAME?

2)  Is the construction OK otherwise?  Right order of terms, etc.?

3) If I wanted to include the "noble" part, would "quv" be a proper
addition?  Would it go at the front as if it were the adverb on a
sentance?

4) Does anyone have a better suggestion for conveying "spear".  Would
qengwI''etlh be more evocative of the function?

Qapla'

Garrett Michael Hayes            [email protected]
Client/Server Labs               http://www.cslinc.com
8601 Dunwoody Place, Suite 332
Atlanta, GA 30350
770-552-3645 voice               770-993-4667 fax

Back to archive top level