tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 09 14:31:35 1995

Re: Klingon CD-ROM

> > My accent is a fairly non-descript British accent (a mix of English and
> > Scots), as is Chris'...
>
> Wow, I'd love to hear what your Klingon sounds like... I'd send you a
> tape if you'd be willing to record something for me :^) (Brittish
> accents are soooo much cooler than American ones). Anybody want to
> try translating Red Dwarf into tlhIngan Hol?? (I'm not kidding!)

If anyone out there *is* interested in how us Brits pronounce Klingon
(since Okrand's pronunciation guide was for *words*, not sounds), I'd be
more than happy to record stuff on tape for you, if you send them to me
at:

Niall Hosking
76 Hotspur Street 1/R
North Kelvinside
Glasgow
G20 8LP
Scotland
U.K.

> > (Did you realise that the /tlhaq/ = chronometer 'joke' only works with an
> > American accent?)
> It's a joke? ;^)

There are others like that, that only really work when pronounced by
Americans...

{qSeroHS}
--
Niall Hosking
aka Kserokhs Vaene

'Practise random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.'

Back to archive top level