tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 06 09:40:12 1995

Re: Klingon martial arts

ghItlh maSqa':

> Until we Okrand gives us the correct spelling of Mok'bara, couldn't
> Mr. Warren use tonSaw' from HolQeD 1:3? What is the connection
> between these two terms? Is tonSaw' the term for martial arts and
> Mok'bara a specific type (tai chi)? I don't know.... But IMHO I would use
> tonsaw' if you're putting it in a tlhIngan Hol sentance.

qaStaHvIS vagh jar *Tai Chi* vIqeqtaH.
tlhIngan Hol vIghItlhtaHvIS ~maqabara' vIlo'.

I mark the word with a ~ to indicate that it does not officially exist.
The consensus here is that <tonSaw'> is a verb, while I use <~maqbara'>
as a noun. Perhaps <jItonSaw'> and <~maqbara' vIqeq> mean the same thing.

- DaQtIq
  (SuS qa'qoq)

Back to archive top level