tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 06 11:14:46 1995

Re: Klingon martial arts

>Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 05:51:30 -0800
>From: "Christian Matzke" <[email protected]>

>On  5 Nov 95 at 19:24, R.B Franklin <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 5 Nov 1995, Ben Warren wrote:
>>
>> > Can anyone tell me the name of the Klingon Martial Arts system?
>> >
>> > Qapla'
>>
>> It is called Mok'bara (This is the Federation spelling).
>Until we Okrand gives us the correct spelling of Mok'bara, couldn't
>Mr. Warren use tonSaw' from HolQeD 1:3? What is the connection
>between these two terms? Is tonSaw' the term for martial arts and
>Mok'bara a specific type (tai chi)? I don't know.... But IMHO I would use
>tonsaw' if you're putting it in a tlhIngan Hol sentance.

Good points.  I agree with you.  I'd use tonSaw' unless I had a REALLY good
reason for being more specific and saying Mok'bara (even if tonSaw' isn't
the most general term, it's the only one we have).

~mark

Back to archive top level