tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 25 17:17:35 1995

Re: Milk

On Thu, 25 May 1995 [email protected] wrote:

>      DaH HIvje''a' yuchghuHiq vIparHa'.

{HIvje''a' yuchghuHIq} means (the chocolate-baby-liquor of the big glass).
A big glass of chocolate-baby-liquor would be {yuchghuHIq HIvje''a'}.
Also note that {HIvje''a'} does not simply mean a big glass, but refers to
a glass which is larger or more important than a normal glass.  It could
refer to a goblet or a chalice as well as an over-sized glass.

I'm guessing that you're trying to say "I'd like a big glass of chocolate
milk now."  In English, the word "like" can mean "to wish to have, to want".
That meaning doesn't carry over into Klingon.  It would be better to say:
DaH yuchghuHIq HIvje' tIn vItlhutlh vIneH.

>      r'Hul

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level