tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 20 09:44:16 1995

Re: KLBC: Aesop - The Wolf and the Lamb

>> vItlhapmeH meqqoq vItu'chugh meghwI' 'e' Qub Ha'DIbaH qu'
>mumISmoH mu'tlheghvam.  bong mu' Danop'a'?
I was trying for "Wolf thinks 'if I can find an excuse, I will take it
for my lunch".
>> pa' 'oHtaH 'uQwIj'e' 'e' Qub Ha'DIbah qu'
>Here, I would use {'uQDaj'e'} since {Qub} is probably not a verb of
>speaking and since you are using {'e'}, you are using indirect speech.
I don't know what I put this sentence in for, the one above covers this. :)
>majQa'!  QaQqu' lutlIj wa'DIch 'ej bIpo' 'e' 'ang.
>lutvam vIparHa' 'ej tugh lut latlh DaghItlhlaH 'e' vItul.
Lets see... "Very Good! Your first story is very good and you reveal that
you are skilled. I like this story and I hope that soon you can write
more stories." Is that about right? (I've only got the original
dictionary, so had to guess latlh=more.)
I've got an E-version of all of Aesop's fables, so it's not that hard to
translate them. I'm going to try The Fox and the Mask next, then The Fox
and the Grapes.

--
Dep'ong aka Daniel Boese
[email protected]