tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 18 10:39:43 1995

Re: young Klingons

ghItlh qo'ran:
<...SnIp...>
>The counter argument to this is that animals that are provided
>with a great deal of parental care are born less developed, and
>take longer to reach maturity.  It is in the young animal's best
>interest to develop at the expense of the parent, being fed and
>protected from predation, than to develop quickly and face these
>necessities on it's own.
>
>If Klingons actually do develop quickly, this would indicate that
>(at some point in their recent evolutionary history) they were
>preyed upon frequently as young, and that the level of parental
>care is less that that displayed by Humans.

Yeah, but then there's that pesky time dialation effect from all that Warp
travel. If Alexander was raised planet side while W & K were warping
around, that could account for his "rapid" growth. I don't recall if
"stardate" time is absolute or relativistic.

vIta'pu'be' !!!   tlhIngan ghaH *Bart Simpson*'e'
Soqra'tIS           [email protected]

Back to archive top level