tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 18 05:22:02 1995

Re: Beginner Help: Tolkien

ghItlh L. Purple ([email protected]):
>I suggest:
>
>ngemyoq   - Elf   ("forest humanoid")
>wutlhyoq  - Dwarf ("underground humanoid")
>qampobyoq - halfling ("foot-hair humanoid")

That's neat...I like that, except for one thing. These are all races of
peoples, like the tlhInganpu' or those annoying tera'nganpu'. Wouldn't
these words fit for Ranger, Miner(Sapper?), and any hairy homonid (me, for
one. But not as hairy as a Hobbit ;-) ). And WHY have you left out those
very handsome ORCs? Some of them even have forehead ridges! Now if we could
only teach them honor.....

      vay' yIHub Hoch 'ej Hoch tIHub vay' - DumaS
vIta'pu'be' !!!   tlhIngan ghaH *Bart Simpson*'e'
Soqra'tIS           [email protected]

Back to archive top level