tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 18 02:48:27 1995

Re: Coffee

On Wed, 17 May 1995 19:06:46 -0400, "Lawrence M. Schoen"  <[email protected]> said:
> [...] since I am not a coffee drinker (as I believe I've brazenly
> admitted to this list before) I really don't know what "latte" or
> "cappuccino" even mean!

Well, _latte_ is Italian for `milk'; what's the Klingon for that?
Are Klingons mammals, anyway?  Assuming that female Klingons' breasts
have the same kind of glands as female humans' do, what is the output
of those glands called in Klingon?

> So, maybe they CAN be translated.

Maybe they can, but must they?  They are not translated in English.
If English uses the Italian words, why should Klingon have its own?

--'Iwvan

Back to archive top level