tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed May 17 05:49:20 1995

re: calendars

Wed, 17 May 1995 08:22:00 -0400 ghItlh David E G Sturm <[email protected]>:

<...SnIp...>

>I imagine the Klingons would have a 3- or 9- day week anyway if they
>indeed have a fascination with things three....  So indeed, "Klingon
>calendar" is a misnomer....  It's just a Terran Calendar with Klingon
>Subtitles....  (I'm still going to make one out with pIqaD anyway.)

I agree, although a 3 day week is too short. I'd buy a 9 day week though as
the "days" and "years" are supposed to be longer than the terran one
anyway. Besides, 3 times 3 has more "magic" }};-)

Will someone bring back a calender from the homeworld so we can answer
these questions once and for all?

Another note on the trifoil/caltrop issue: I just got a close up look at a
picture of the Klingon batlh'etlh trophy which Worf had won. Only 3
"prongs" on the Klingon kaltrop, nothing "hiding".

      vay' yIHub Hoch 'ej Hoch tIHub vay' - DumaS
vIta'pu'be' !!!   tlhIngan ghaH *Bart Simpson*'e'
Soqra'tIS           [email protected]

Back to archive top level