tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 15 07:05:46 1995

Re: Darn It!

>Awhile back, I think someone here posted that they heard Okrand on a
>radio
>talk show.  The DJ asked Okrand how to say "f**k" in Klingon and
>Okrand
>replied {Qu'vatlh}.

I reported this, and this is indeed exactly what happened.  However, these
two DJs were NOT taking Okrand seriously, were NOT interested in the
language, and were only interested in the whole thing for as many laughs
as it would get them.  Okrand saw this almost immediately, and therefore
wouldn't, in my opinion, have tried to explain to them the differences in
curses between Terrans and Klingons, or the fact that we don't know
what they mean, etc.  He was just humoring them.  They *tried* to say
Qu'vatlh ever after, but failed miserably at making anything that even
resembled it, and Okrand never corrected them.

Qu'vatlh!

--Holtej

Back to archive top level