tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 11 09:33:59 1995

Re: Darn It!

Thu, 11 May 1995 11:39:09 -0400 ghItlh ghunchu'wI':

>Steve Weaver wrote:
>> Surely someone has a "In this situation, I like to use ..." story?
>
>I tend to say {Qu'vatlh} to indicate an emphatic "Oops!" or to mean
>something like "I'm in big trouble."  I am sure you're aware of the
>equivalent term (hint: it's scatological) in English.  If I were in
>an environment where I spoke Klingon often, I'd probably shorten it
>to {va} to indicate a not-so-emphatic "Oops."  Usually I've used it
>when I have made a particularly severe grammatical or typographical
>error in posting to this list, one which completely obliterates the
>meaning of what I was trying to say.

Now that you mention it, I did tend to think of {va} as the "scatological"
"Oops!" but the {Qu'vatlh} I thought of as a "Diefied" "scatological"
"Oops!"

>(Hey, check out the perfectly justified paragraph!  Neat, huh?)

majQa'

      vay' yIHub Hoch 'ej Hoch tIHub vay'
                                          - DumaS
vIta'pu'be' !!!   tlhIngan ghaH *Bart Simpson*'e'
Steve Weaver       [email protected]

Back to archive top level