tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 14 17:01:27 1995

Re: Klingon babes(?)

According to Bryan Fields:

> Well, one of the DS9 magazines printed her name as <Grilka>, which is
> what I remember her name sounding like.  <Gril'Qa'> or <GrilQa'> might
> better convey the proper tlhingan pronunciation.

I'd think it would be more like {ghIlqa'}. There is no <G> in
the Klingon alphabet currently and a glottal stop would never
happen between two consonants. [for what it's worth].

> BTW, did anybody ever
> check the Hol(-qoq?) that was used in the wedding and divorce?  Just
> curious.

Several tried and I think we gave up. It was true to the
quality we have come to expect of the warrior's tongue spoken
on TV.

> yIHmey SurghwI'

Admirable profession.

charghwI'