tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 02 11:16:34 1995

Re: KLBC: Present tense of verbs

OK, next of question for our esteemed BG (BGwI'qaH??)

While most verbs have as part of their translation some form of the verb "to
be" (I 'am' writing, he 'is' sitting, whatever), what is the thlIngan Hol
word for the infintive "to be"? I don't find this in the TKD (2ed.)

Does tlhIngan Hol even have such a beast? (My gut feeling is yes, I mean,
how else is Hamlet to make his infamous declaration of existance? Somehow
   (yIn, yInbe' qoj)
doesn't seem adequate enough.)

Also, did Okrand *really* mean to make the pairs of conjunctions mirror
images of each other (je 'ej   joq qoj )?

qathlo'

targhthluH

Back to archive top level