tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 01 11:32:15 1995

Translation Help: Please!

 I decided to try translating some stuff to practice my tlhIngan Hol.
Anyway, I couldn't decide what to try so I just picked a couple of songs.

Could one of the grammarians take a look at the following and lend me hand?

*real words*
[my attempt in Klingon]

-Man In The Box- Alice In Chains

*I'm the man in the box*
[ngaswI'Daq loD ghah jIH] - the man in the container, I am him???

*buried in my shit*
[wuvwI'pu'wIjDaq jIH] - I'm in my remains???

*won't you come and save me, save me*
[chotoDqanq'a'] - I've been lazy here.. are you willing to save me???

-Flash- Queen (I hate this but it seemed easy at first!)

*saviour of the universe*
['u'toDwI'] - saviour of the universe???

*he saved everyone of us*
[Hoch nutoDta'] - everyone he saved us intentionally???

*he's a miracle*
[le'bej ghah] - he certainly is exceptional

*king of the impossible*
[DuHbe' che'wI'] - ruler of notpossible???

 So Mr. Gramarian, sir.. can you help me?
Especially with "I'm the man in the box"! - I didn't know how to start but I
gave it a stab anyway.

 Actualy, while I'm on.. I came up with

nachlIj teqeghbe'jaj - may your head not remove itself

 but how do I add "from your body" to make "may your head not remove itself
from your body"?

Back to archive top level