tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 01 10:20:50 1995

KLBC: On the road

Dear Distinguished tlhingan-Hol Speakers,

This is my first post to this list, so please bear with me.

The impetus for this attempt at translating something from
English to tlhingan-Hol came from my daily commute.  I have a
tendency to shout things at other drivers when they do something
particularly stupid (which is most of the time).  One of my
favorite epithets is "Too stupid to live," refering to someone
who has just pulled off a stunt of extreme driving stupidity.
For a while, however, this phrase frustrated my attempts to
translate it, since I could find no reference in TKD to the
concept of "too much."  The following is what I came up with as a
compromise:

QIpmo' yInlaHbe'

Does this make sense?  I would appreciate any input.

I also have a question about David Barron's tale of qeylIS and
morav.  The word <<Dachow'>> has frustrated all my attempts at
translation.  Does anyone else have any insight into what this
word means.

qo'ran

Back to archive top level