tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 01 10:23:13 1995

Re: "too many"

According to Alan Anderson:

> jabbI'IDmey vIHevbogh law' law' yapbogh jabbI'ID law' puS
>
> Does this express the concept that I have received too many messages?

How about:

jabbI'IDmey yapqu' vIHev.

One of the odd vaguaries in Klingon is the lack of
distinguishing suffixes to delineate between "very" and "too"
as a measure of degree. I mean, if I translate, "I am very hot,"
I get {jItujqu'}. If I translate, "I am too hot," I get
{jItujqu'}.

Looking at a verb like {yap}, to make it "very" is not very
useful compared to making it "too".

Is this agreeable to others, or do we have other ideas?

> -- ghunchu'wI'

charghwI'
--

 \___