tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 28 22:45:14 1995

Re: What does "KLBC" mean?

On Tue, 28 Mar 1995, William H. Martin wrote:

> For months, I was essentially THE grammarian here, yet my title
> has always been BG, which is supposed to be temporary. I was
> starting to feel like I did at my job when for nearly 4 years
> they worked me 40 hours a week in what was called a
> temporary/part time position, which meant that I was paid less
> and got no benefits, though I did the same work as the full
> time people. Anyway, if I'm not going to be a permanent
> grammarian, there really should be a limit on how long I'm
> posted as a temporary one. [end of snit]

I think they should promote you to the status of a full-fledged permanent
Grammarian.  You have acted as a de facto Grammarian for some time now
and I believe your considerable Klingon skills and your substantial
contribution to the list deserve long overdue recognition.

> I think yoDtargh ought to be the next BG. He has shown both the
> energy and the skill level appropriate for BG, and while he may
> not be up for full Grammarian level of skill, part of the idea
> of BG as rotating position is that when you have to respond to
> several posts a day about Klingon grammar, etc. you quite
> naturally get better at it. My skills with the language have
> accumulated mostly during my stint as BG.

When you nominated me for the post, and naQ'avwI' seconded it, I offered
to do it.  That was over six weeks ago and I still haven't heard any
kind of response.  I've always assumed ~mark had the authority to
appoint a BG.  I can only speculate that either ~mark doesn't feel my
Klingon skills are up to the task or he has been considering other people
for the job and he just hasn't made up his mind who to select yet.

I don't mind if someone else becomes BG if they want the job really bad.
I just think they need to choose one soon.  Traffic on the list has
almost ground to a halt and I think the recent lull in activity is
partially attributable to the current vacancy of the BG position.

> charghwI'

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level