tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 28 11:43:32 1995

Re: KLD

According to Christopher B. Favero:

> I am new to this list and I was wondering where I would go to get the
> necessary supplys to learn Klingon. Or If anyone has any preferences to
> what would be the best books to buys, tapes to listen to etc....
> 		Thanks,
> 			Xanadu

There are three great pillars upon which all other sources of
Klingon language lie:

The Klingon Dictionary (book)

Conversational Klingon (audio tape)

Power Klingon (audio tape)

All three are from Mark Okrand, the man who
created^h^h^h^h^h^h^h brought the language to English speakers.
All three are published by Pocket Books, a division of Simon &
Schuster, a division of Paramount.

The dictionary gives you the single most complete word list
legally published anywhere, plus the most thorough description
of grammar that Okrand has supplied. The audio tapes help
enormously with pronunciation, additional words, examples of
useage and a taste of Klingon culture. They are also highly
entertaining.

The other best source of Klingon material is the Klingon
Language Institute (who bring you this list, after all), which
also publishes an excellent quarterly newsletter called HolQeD,
full of whatever new stuff we can coax out of Okrand, plus the
best published contributions of Klingons everywhere. Write to
Dr. Lawrence Schoen for details ([email protected])

charghwI'
--

 \___
 o_/ \