tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 28 11:52:27 1995

RE: KLBC: for January 25th

According to M. Erwin:
> Why did you choose the -oy suffix in the first line?  "Mousie" would
> seem to be a diminutive of mouse instead of a term of endearment.

I can accept that. This is in the area of dialect, now, since
where I hail from, "mousie" would almost certainly be more a
matter of endearment than diminutive. "mouselette" would be
more of what I think of as diminutive. To me, "mousie" sounds
closer to "mousikins" than it does to "mouselette". Mousimo?
(Appologies to anyone out there named Max familiar with the
European Massimo.)

> Perhaps if I called my mate yIHoy it would be appropriate, however I
> would certainly be seriously injured.

Unless you can run REEEEEEEEEEAL FAST! Remember, effective
ducking is a highly prized skill among amorous male Klingons.
It helps when you recite poetry to the object of your affection.

charghwI'
--

 \___
 o_/ \