tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 04 13:48:44 1995

Re: EncyclopeZZdia

According to Lyle Miller:

> Hello, folks.
>
> Truly, I am amazed how well many of you do at Klingon correspondence.
> I'm new to the the group and will be lurking, cloaked for a time...
>
> Just wanted info on the *Klingon Encyclopedia" mentioned on the back flap
> of the paperback version of TKD. It was supposed to be out * soon*, I
> suppose, and was to tell more about Klingon letters and writing in Klingon.

It never happened. Also, at least once I believe that Okrand
has remarked that it was never intended to happen. It was a
joke; a dodge for not being responsible for coming up with all
those extra words that would have been in it. In other words,
whenever someone says, "How come we don't have a Klingon word
for 'widget'?" he can always answer, "Well, that's one of those
words that should be in the Encyclopedia, Real Soon Now (tm)."

Sort of like, "Let's have lunch. Next week."

> Do we know if it will ever appear on the shelf, or has it already?

Don't hold your breath.

> Lyle Miller

charghwI'
--