tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 20 10:35:24 1995

First Appearance of Klingons

ghItlh maSqa'

>>      I really was thinking of the regular cast.  How did Shattner,
>> Nimoy, Stewart, Frakes, Brooks, Visitor and all the other regulars say
>> "Klingon?" How did all the actors who played Klingons, Dorn,
>> Colicos, Todd etc., say "Klingon?"  For that matter, how do Berman,
>> Piller etc. say "Klingon" when they give interviews?  And... how did
>> the Great Bird of the Galaxy himself say "Klingon?"  I do not believe I
>>ever heard any of them say "Cling gone."
>>      Of course, I didn't think to specify regular cast in my note,

>You may also be interested that in an early episode of TOS Klingon was
>pronounced "Cling-gin".
    Do you remember which episode?  I remember it not, but do not deny the possiblity.

>Do we know who mafe up the name in the first place? Is s/he still around?
     The episode "Errand of Mercy" was the first to feature Klingons.  It
was written by Gene L. Coon.  It is my impression that he now sails the
Black Fleet, writing episodes of "Battlecruiser Vengeance."  The principal
Klingon character was Commander Kor, played by John Colicos, who is still
very much with us.

     Qapla'

     qeSmIv HarghwI'

Back to archive top level