tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 20 09:08:27 1995

Re: Klingons conquer Worlds Chat (sort of...)

>Really??  You just type what you want to say??  What a clever idea for an
>interface.  MUSH works just the same way.  I wonder if there's a copyright
>problem.

 You can use a mouse in a MUSH to move around? I didn't know that. The only
problem I have with a MUSHes in general is that there are alot of commands
to remember, not really so many for moving and talking, but to "enhance" the
"mood" so to speak.

>>2) Graphics. 3) Virtual Graphics. 4) customizable graphics 5) mainly I
>>suppose, graphics.
>
>I'll have to take your word for it (see below)... and of course there's the
>problem that unless you're on a PC, you can't use it.  Mind, I don't mean
>that people should not be meeting on Worlds Chat.  It's just kind of
>disheartening that we set up the MUSH for just the purpose of letting
>Klingonists meet and talk in and about Klingon (for which you don't need
>graphics) and there's so little interest in it.

 One thing I will say that makes a MUSH much better than something like
WorldChat is the fact that in a MUSH you use your imagination to picture the
scene how you want, in world chat, it's shown to you.
  Something I think would be funny to do in world chat, is envade other
"rooms" with Klingons, since it's not all just Klingons there...

>I tried.  45 minutes of downloadng a 4MB program, and 7MB on the disk
>(which I can't begrudge: you want something spiffy, you have to take the
>time and space for it)... but it crashes my computer whenever I try to use
>it, even in "single-user" mode.  It lags horrendously, and then freezes up
>before I can get past picking an avatar, until I have to break out by
>drastic means.  Then when I move the mouse, it says there's a system error
>and I have to reboot.  Oh well.  I'll hang out on the MUSH, as usual.

 How much RAM do you have in the laptop? I'll pop into the MUSH every now
and then, I usually end up getting lost in the commands.

Back to archive top level