tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 11 10:31:19 1995

Re: Translation request (clich'e)

>Date: Sat, 9 Dec 1995 10:09:34 -0800
>From: William Henry Hsu <[email protected]>

>   In any case, since we're on the subject, should LaTeX be pronounced:

>1. leyteq / lateq?
>2. leyteH / lateH?  (I seem to recall that this is what qu'nutlh prescribes)
>3. leyteQ / lateQ?

I thought that Knuth only prescribed the pronunciation of "TeX" (teH).
"LaTeX" I thought was more Leslie Lamport's invention, and I don't recall
what that textbook says (I use plain TeX myself).  I think it specifically
leaves the pronunciation unspecified.

>   Any how would you translate "computer typesetting"?

Context?  "The computer prints these words" "mu'vetlh lughItlh De'wI'"

~mark

Back to archive top level