tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 08 12:35:59 1995

RE: qeylIS betleH

Hello, I've been reading this pretty active maling list.

Matt Gomes>  My wife did make the point that Kor is different from most Klingons.  And
Matt Gomes>I could see that when he said "Pleased to meet you [toothy grin inserted
Matt Gomes>here]".  So, we might be able to say, "maj ram" is something only Kor would
Matt Gomes>say, but then we get into this horrible mess... Every time some bad Klingon
Matt Gomes>is spoken, we could say it's a dialect... AAAAAAAHHHHH!

One thing I can not picture myself, is any Klingon sticking to the rules. I believe that any Klingon will try to force his interpretation anyway he could. I believe that there is a bigger possibility that within the same family, a certain dialect would be spoken.

Also my original dialect (West-Flemmish) is a pretty basic language. The reason why most other non-Flemmish people cannot be understand my dialect is because the same sentence can mean different things. It is the way that it is said that gives the real meaning. I would believe that Klingonese is also such a basic language, not so many words, and translations are based on sounding correct even if it does not fit within the current grammar rules.

Does this sound strange?

Bye,
Olaf

application/ms-tnef