tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 06 14:49:43 1995

Re: Bards & Ballads

On  6 Dec 95 at 14:02, Mark E. Shoulson wrote:

> >Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 10:57:11 -0800
> >From: "Garrett Michael Hayes" <[email protected]>
>
> >I am trying to figure out how to express the idea of a Bard or
> >Minstrel and what he/she produces, but cannot seem to find terms in
> >TKD which apply.  Perhaps I simply missed them, but I have looked
> >for words like "song", "poem", "ballad", "music" and as many related
> >concepts as I could think of, without apparent success.
>
> Take a look in HolQeD 2:4, page 17.  Order it from the KLI if you don't
> have it.  "song" (or "chant") is "bom".  The verb "to sing" is also "bom."
> "Music" is "QoQ."  The verb "to compose (music)" is "qon", same as "to
> record."

Thank you for the info.  I just joined KLI and got my first issue of
HolQeD day before yesterday.  I will be looking at ordering back
issues sometime *after* the Xmas fiscal massacre.

'etlhqengwI'

Garrett Michael Hayes
Client/Server Labs
8601 Dunwoody Place, Suite 332,  Atlanta, GA 30350
[email protected],  http://www.cslinc.com
770-552-3645 voice, 770-993-4667 fax

Back to archive top level