tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 06 13:57:10 1995

Re: Bards & Ballads

>Date: Wed, 6 Dec 1995 10:57:11 -0800
>From: "Garrett Michael Hayes" <[email protected]>

>I am trying to figure out how to express the idea of a Bard or
>Minstrel and what he/she produces, but cannot seem to find terms in
>TKD which apply.  Perhaps I simply missed them, but I have looked
>for words like "song", "poem", "ballad", "music" and as many related
>concepts as I could think of, without apparent success.

Take a look in HolQeD 2:4, page 17.  Order it from the KLI if you don't
have it.  "song" (or "chant") is "bom".  The verb "to sing" is also "bom."
"Music" is "QoQ."  The verb "to compose (music)" is "qon", same as "to
record."

~mark

Back to archive top level