tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 06 12:37:55 1995

Re: chuS'ugh

On Tue, 5 Dec 1995, Garrett Michael Hayes wrote:

> Are you certain the novel came first?  Or could the author have used
> the material from TKD?

Both. chuS'ugh was derived from the Klingon words chuS (be noisy) and
'ugh (be heavy), which Geordi said loosely translated as "heavy noise".
Although the original words were from the original TKD, the author was
the first to use the words in that particular grouping to describe a
musical instrument. The novel was first year TNG, but it wasn't until the
addendum came out that chuS'ugh was described in TKD as "a type of
musical instrument". I sold all my TNG novels a few years ago, so
unfortunately, I cannot say what novel it came from. Perhaps someone else
can. L8r.

"How do you do, good sir knight! Care to join us, in a fight? Make way
for the queen! You see what I mean?" - Tweedledum and Tweedleddee,
Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp.

Back to archive top level