tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 03 20:05:26 1995

Re: KLBC: Happy New Year

yoDtargh said:

> If you want "your year" to be the subject of "be good", it needs to
> follow the verb.  Also, I consider {QaQ} (be good) to be intransitive
> because it doesn't make since to say "it goods you".

I'm not sure that I see anything inherrently bad with "it goods you."
Sure, it sounds kinda silly in English, but in English we would say "it
is good to you."  We add a bunch of extra words but isn't it the same
thing as "it goods you?"

What is this 'intransitive' thing, anyway?

Kordite

Back to archive top level