tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 03 19:43:39 1995

Re: KLBC - hello and questions

Sun, 3 Dec 1995, ghItlh QetaH:

> R.B Franklin wrote:

> Actually I was trying to say, "Now I am speachless."  as in I can's say much
> more in Klingon.  So now I am confused.  How should that have been worded?

You can say: {DaH jIjatlhlaHbe'} (Now I am unable to speak) or
{DaH jIjatlh 'e' vIrIn} (Now I'm finished speaking) or
{DaH jIjatlh 'e' vItaHlaHbe'} (Now I am not able to continue speaking.)

(The last two are sentence-as-object constructions (Sec. 6.2.5) which
is probably the hardest thing for a beginner to master.)

> QetaH.

yoDtargh

Back to archive top level